March 21, 2012

Kate Middleton’s Pillbox Hat and My Crochet Pillbox Hat

  
Photo Credit: http://KateMiddletonStyle.Org

      

 

I had to write a small post about the Pillbox hat worn by Kate Middleton this past weekend when she visited guardsmen on St. Patrick's Day.

 My post in February 2012 Crocheted Vintage Style Hats was about my crocheted pillbox hat. Years ago especially the 1940's and 1950's the Pillbox hat was a fashion statement for women of the United States. Each time Kate Middleton is photographed she  seems to to be wearing a some type of hat.  As I was reading news on the internet I just could not resist showing the two Pillbox hats side by side.  Many may think crocheting a pillbox hat or just wearing one in today's fashion world just doesn't quite fit.  In taking a closer look at the two pillbox hats we can see the way in which both of the pillbox hats set on the head, slightly to the side. My crocheted pillbox can be worn either way. For both pillbox hats an embellishment of sorts is always found. For Kate Middleton's hat there is a  bow which is a common accent in the Retro years.   

For today I used the unique crocheted ruffle sort-of flower made of double crochet stitches then twisted into the flower shape. I think with more celebrities wearing pillbox hats they are sure to make a fashion statement again in the United States, at least if I have anything to do with it.

I know there are some who enjoy either wearing or crocheting pillbox hats.

Until Next Time Keep the Faith and Plenty of Yarn

~Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you. Go ahead write just a sentence or two.